The Okeechobee County Fair bans the use of all remotely controlled devices such as drones, aircraft, cars, etc.
- No remotely controlled aircraft or ground vehicle devices are
authorized to operate on, above or below the Okeechobee County Fair
Fairgrounds at any time without the express written consent of the
Okeechobee County Fair and also the proper law enforcement authority.
- This procedure includes, but is not limited, to unmanned aircraft
systems, radio controlled model aircraft, other devices that can be
operated in airspace and remote controlled cars/ground vehicles
- Possession or operation of such remotely controlled aircraft or
ground vehicle devices without prior written consent will result in the
confiscation of all related materials, removal from the Fairgrounds,
and/or a response from law enforcement authority.
- The Okeechobee County Fair will notify the Federal Aviation
Administration and/or the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), and/ or any
other law enforcement authority deemed necessary of any incidents
involving airborne aircraft or any other unauthorized remote controlled
ground based vehicles.
- Events requiring the use of any such prohibited items listed above
must receive a prior written notification of approval from the
Okeechobee County Fair and the proper law enforcement authority. Any and
all entities requesting to utilize a remotely controlled device must
sign the appropriate documentation prior to bringing any such equipment
on to, above or below the Fairgrounds and must comply with the
requirements of 14 CFR Part 107, including registration.
- Airborne aircraft or any other unauthorized remote controlled
ground based vehicles must be less than 55 pounds, must be operated by a
pilot who has passed a written test and is at least 16 years old; can
only be flown below 400 feet, during the day, and at least 5 miles away
- Individuals given approval to operate Drones by the Okeechobee
County Fair must provide a picture of the Drone; current physical
address/phone number; and a copy of a valid driver’s license.
- This policy shall not apply to licensees of the Fair that are
authorized to sell and/or demonstrate Drones within the confines of a
building, pursuant to a license agreement with the Okeechobee County